Friday 1 January 2010

Avoiding YouTube channel deletion popup

Sometimes when using YouTube, I have been getting an annoying pop-up which stops me watching a video.

-
You have an unused YouTube username

You no longer need your channel [channel name] to use most features on YouTube. Would you like to remove your channel?

No, I don't need it (Recommended).
You can create a new name on YouTube if need one at any time [sic]

Yes, I need my username
You will need to update your channel and create a new Google+ page
-

Neither option is desirable. Reading what some people had posted about this led me to believe that this would end up deleting my YouTube favorites. The second option looks like a hassle I can't be bothered with.

(See http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/youtube/0L9pH1HZFao.)

I remember a similar pop-up before with YouTube, one asking me to use my real name on my YouTube channel. I couldn't work out which option I was supposed to pick in order to say "no!"

For the time being, I can get rid of this pop-up by refreshing the page. When I am logging in to YouTube, I have re-type "youtube.com" in the location bar to stop the pop-up coming up again.

(Post published on 14.viii.13 - backdated to be hidden)

No comments:

Post a Comment